Nearly 400 years ago, Galileo Galilei pointed a telescope to the heavens for the first time. To commemorate this historic event, Astronomy
Editor David J. Eicher and MWT Associates are leading a tour to Rome, Florence, and the Italian countryside.Other features include:
- Special trips in Rome to the Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Forum, Piazza della Repubblica, Aurelian Walls, Piazza del Popolo, the Pantheon, and more
- Stops in Florence at the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio, Uffizi Gallery, Palazzo Medici, Science History Museum, Galileo's resting place at the Church of Santa Croce, and more
- A visit to Galileo's house, observatory, and San Matteo Convent, where his daughter Maria Celeste lived
- Plenty of leisure time to stroll down to the Spanish Steps or sip a cappuccino at a sidewalk café.
- Lectures by Astronomy's David J. Eicher
- First-class accommodations